Tuesday, February 21, 2012

A New Love

I absolutely adore the new chalkboard craze!  Chalkboards just scream simplicity and beg for creativity.  However, I do NOT love the mess that chalk makes on my fingers, clothes and floors so it was love at first sight when I discovered chalk paint pens.  I love, love, love them.  They are a dream not only because you can change out labels quickly or correct mistakes, they write on items that ordinary chalk won't adhere to. 

I found chalk pens at my local Michael's.  I paid $7.20 (using a 40% coupon) for four pens.  They come in an all white set or a colored assortment of yellow, red, blue and white.

One of my favorite items to use chalk ink on are dish washing pans that can be found very inexpensively at your local Walmart or Target (my local Walmart carries them in white, black and red in two sizes).  I use these bins all over the house.  The picture below is of my foyer closet which is our primary dumping ground for all things sports, church and school related.

Thanks to chalk pens, last week when basketball season ended, all it took was a quick erase with a wet paper towel and the bin was ready for t-ball.  Hats and gloves will just as quickly become sunglasses and sunscreen.

Chalk pens also made a quick job of organizing the boys' room new lego table.  I love not having anything permanently labeled because as any parent knows, kids grow quickly and their interests change just as fast.

Linking up Here: 

9 comments:

  1. I <3 this! Never knew chalk pens could write on plastic bins...now off to track down a Michaels coupon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you can use chalk pens on plastic and it doesnt smudge and comes off easy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's right! It will not come off until you apply a wet towel and swipe. If it can survive in the room of my 5 and 8-year-old, it can survive anywhere.

      Delete
    2. If anything won't come over with a wet cloth, a Magic Eraser will do the trick.

      Delete
  3. I LOVE LOVE LOVE your ideas!!! You need to blog some more!!! Do you have another place you are blogging your creativity???

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree .... I do need to blog more! Thank you for your sweet words. These five munchkins of mine keep me running nonstop but I do hope to be able to post more this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A follow-up posy .... If any of the marker won't wipe off over time, use a Magic Eraser and it will come right off.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree .... I do need to blog more! Thank you for your sweet words. These five munchkins of mine keep me running nonstop but I do hope to be able to post more this summer.

    ReplyDelete